Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Back In Action

After a small hiatus I am back in action. The winter quarter of school is all finished up and I somehow emerged unscathed. The new website is almost ready (I've said that before) and I have been writing a few posts for it that I hope will go over well. Until that happens though you can catch a sighting of T.F. at the Gathering of the Eagles in D.C. this upcoming weekend. This will be my first time attending an anti-war protest so I am sure I’ll have something to say once it is all said and done. Oh, and incase you were wondering I will not be protesting the war, but rather, just taking pictures and people-watching.

If you decide to attend I’ll be the guy with the pinch cap and pipe. Hope to see some of you there.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'll love to read your recap of events...there are many Vets and Vet groups gearing up, some arriving on Thursday. I have a few friends that will be there as well. Let's hope the dim-wits don't do anything stupid and try to mess with our Vets, or The Wall.

Anonymous said...

Oh yeah, and welcome back! Glad to hear you made it through the winter quarter. :) As if any of us doubted that you would!

Anonymous said...

Have fun in DC, Sgt Boggs. Don't pull a Steve Harrigan on us and get pelted with rocks and tear gas in your face, like he did in Colombia SA. covering protests while the Pres was down that way. Guess we have become a third world country where there are professional protesters for everything imaginable. What can I say....it's a living. Hope you can tell us when it is over if any of them have a real clue as to why they are really there and that you find out why they are really there. We want the facts, Sgt., and know you will have an interesting perspective for us. Be safe.
A&N

Anonymous said...

Tell Hillary hello for us.
N

Anonymous said...

I sure would like to be there, but finances & work seem to interfere. If I weren't so fond of eating & having a roof over my head, I'd be there in a minute :)

Congrats on getting the winter quarter behind you with no scars. Am anxiously awaiting the new site.

chic[k]pilot said...

I too wish I could be there... alas, I am forced to fly. Congrats on being one more quarter down. Watch you're back, those protestors are less brave then they would have the world believe, and they might like your pipe.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the Eagle's eye view Boggs. It is amazing no matter how much I have looked today the coverage is minimal. Everything I have seen starts with something like - Anti-war rally yada-yada - but I wish you had gone up to a couple of those news vans and stuck a big staff in their faces and demanded some equal time! Of course, then we would have gotten something like - Pro-war veteran threatens media with big stick! Anyway - Thanks for the post! Andrea in California.