Sunday, February 04, 2007

Support This Man

I have long admired Pat Dollard for his willingness to leave his prosperous life behind and stay with the marines in a very dangerous part of Iraq. I am eagerly anticipating his documentary and think it will greatly aid our nation's perspective of the war. If you haven't heard of Pat or watched the trailers for his movie be sure to check out his site.

Pat needs some financial help right now so go over to his site and contribute. As if contributing to a good cause wasn't enough you get a great shirt along with your contribution. I personally can't wait to wear the shirt here at school and will document what happens when I do. If you happen to not want the shirt but want to contribute anyway, send the shirt my way and I'll make sure it gets to a deserving soldier, but whatever you do help out the guy if you are able to.

*Pat has nothing to do with this post by the way. I wrote this on my own accord.*

4 comments:

membrain said...

I want to thank you as well Tim. I hope he manages to get his documentary out. What an amzing man.

DangerGirl said...

Pat rawks....and the t-shirt is awesome..He's giving me mine once I get to LA end of the month....

I want to wear it to an OSCAR event Im going to....seriously...I will :>)

There will be a great piece on Pat appearing in the March issue of Vanity Fair written by Evan Wright (Generation Kill) who embedded with Recon Marines as they led the assault into Iraq. One of those Marines is Capt Nathaniel Fink, who wrote "One Bullet Away".

Anonymous said...

Thanks Tim...The more information we get, the more useful we can be in this war. We are glad we have you. Nothing like word of mouth..and your heads up are appreciated. Remember that this man was a draw on society while a part of Hollywood and nothing he learned there made him what he is today. It means that who you know and what you previously did does not necessarily make you worth a dang in this war on terror. This is a whole new world. Impressing people is impressing people, winning awards is winning awards...but war is war and defeating the terrorists is freedom. Without that...nothing else.
A&N

Anonymous said...

Just read through some of his site, thanks for the tip t.f.!